Enjoy a healthier, more youthful appearance with the ultimate in skin care technology: micro current. Microcurrent ia a low level of electricity that mirrors the body’s own natural electrical impulses. When used in conjunction with specialized products and manual manipulations, these tiny micro current impulses encourage your body’s currents. The signs of aging are greatly reduced, while skin tone and elasticity are dramatically improved. These relaxing applications may be enjoyed as a one time, comprehensive facial, or in a series of applications to reach your optimal goals, as well as enjoy enhanced longevity of results.
- Diminished appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Smoother, firmer skin
- Improved circulation
- Hydrated and revitalized skin
- Improved elasticity
- Improved facial contour
Microcurrent aids in reducing the signs of aging with specialized products and micro current technology. During your consultation, your skin therapist will develop a program based on your age, skin type, and realistic expectations. Your skin therapist will also prescribe a home care program to further enhance and maintain your results. Together, this system of products and technology firms and smoothes the skin, offering an outstanding and relaxing age defying facial.
Age Defying Facial….
The ultimate in non-invasive face lifts! This extraordinary facial reduces the signs of aging utilizing specialized products and micro current technology. The Age Defying Facial is preventative for younger clients and rejuvenating for mature clients. This popular non-invasive service gives you the freedom to attain anti-aging goals without the recovery, downtime, and expense of surgeries and other aggressive services. Skin is re-hydrated, circulation is improved and a firmer, revitalized appearance is achieved after the first application.
The Micro Needling device is an instrument consisting of a heavy duty roller head covered in 192 high quality titanium acupuncture needles. The needles are designed to:
- Penetrate the outer layer of the skin.
- Hundreds of tiny channels are created through the skin, which facilitate the passage and absorption of your skin care product to maximize its absorption.
- It gently exfoliates excess skin cells which contribute to hair follicle malnutrition scaring or premature aging, wrinkles and scars.
- The roller stimulates blood flow to the surface, gives a skin massage, cleans out the pores and stimulates collagen re-growth.
- Additional age fighting skin benefits can be achieved when skin needling is combined with products that contain collagen boosting and skin fortifying ingredients like Retinol, Vitamin C and Peptides.
The best candidates for micro needling are people from the age of 25 to 65. Ideally people in their 30’s who are starting to develop the early signs of aging. Micro needling will plump up fine lines and boost collagen production on any area that is needled. Micro needling can also effectively treat skin that has been scarred from acne.
Skin needling is an innovative concept that remained elusive until late 1990s. In fact, the new technology opened doors for healing skin damages naturally. The fact that skin needling or collagen induction therapy can be done on all skin types, without any side effects, makes it more popular among people of all ages.
You are eligible for Dermal Rolling if the following applies to you:
- – Lack of skin radiance
- – Loss of elasticity and epidermal thickness
- – Rough and uneven skin texture
- – Fine lines
- – Wrinkles
- – Crow’s feet
- – Hyperpigmentation
- – Scars, especially indented acne or chicken pox
- – Post surgical Scars
- – Skin Dullness
- – Dry Skin
- – Pre cosmetic Surgery
- – Pre injection
- – Open pores
You are not eligible for Dermal Rolling if the following applies to you:
- – You suffer with active pustular acne
- – Active bacterial, viral or fungal infections
- – Eczema and psoriasis
- – Rosacea
- – Keloid or raised scars
- – Scars less than 6 months old
- – Raised moles or warts
- – Facial surgery in the past 6 months
- – Patients taking blood pressure, blood thinning or heart medications
- – Diabetes
What happens post-treatment?
After the procedure the clients skin will be red and flushed in appearance in a similar way to moderate sunburn. The client will also experience skin tightness and mild sensitivity to touch on the area being treated. This will diminish greatly after a few hours following treatments and within the next 24 hours the skin will be completely healed. After 3 days there is barely any evidence that the procedure has taken place.
How quickly are results visible?
Visible results of skin rejuvenation are seen after just 6-8 weeks following procedure and continue over the following months for up to a year. A course of three skin needling sessions, at 6-8 week intervals, is usually recommended to achieve optimum results; however great skin improvement is noticeable after just one treatment.
Is skin needling safe?
Skin needling does not involve injections and therefore allergic reactions and side-effects are unlikely. It is minimally invasive, involves minimal downtime (max. 24hrs), rapid healing and requires simple after-care. Clinical skin needling is minimally invasive and normally no blood is drawn, however small amounts of pin point bleeding in clients with thin skin may occur and should be considered as normal.
Home Care Facial Protocol
Allure Aesthetics skin care products contain specially chosen natural herbal extracts, specialty ingredients and aromatherapy essential oils that are blended with water-based emulsions to provide results. No sensitizing fragrances are used.
1. Cleanse – Apply Oxygen Revitalizing Cleanser to remove all facial make up around face and neck. Rinse completely with tepid or warm damp towel.
2. Tone – Apply Vital Hydrant Toner. Spray several pumps of mist to flat cotton pad and apply small gentle upward sweeping motion to face and neck.
3. Exfoliate – Use a quarter size Papaya Creme Enzyme Polish and massage in gentle upward motion to face and neck area. Do not use pressure while massaging. Massage for 1 to 2 minutes. Rinse completely with tepid or warm damp towel.
4. Address eye areas – Apply a small amount of Refreshing Anti-Puff Eye Gel to eye area. Carefully apply to top and bottom of the eye not too close to the lash line.
Final step – Apply Herbal Silk Moisturizer and Advance Protection SPF 30.
Do you have questions about whether or not a product is best used in the morning or night? Are you confused about whether special treatments should be applied before or after moisturizer or sunscreen?
These general guidelines should help provide specific directions about when and how to use skin care products.
1. Apply eye makeup remover on a two-sided moistened cotton pad and swipe the eye area in a downward direction. Flip the pad and wipe the eyes until clean. If necessary, turn the pad inside out or use a newly moistened pad and repeat until the eyes are completely clean.
2. Cleanse the face with a cleanser that best suits your skin type and condition. Cleansers should be used twice a day.
- oily or combination skin – foamy cleanser or face wash
- normal or combination skin – cleansing lotion
- dry skin – milky cleanser
- very dry or mature – cleansing cream
3. Toners are used after cleansing. They remove residue left by cleansers and they restore the skin’s natural pH after cleansing.
- oily and acne prone skin – astringent
- normal and combination skin – toner
- dry, mature and sensitive skin – fresheners
4. Exfoliation removes the dry, dead surface cells that makes the skin smoother, helps unclog pores, helps product penetration making them more effective and improves the skin’s ability to retain moisture.
- limit exfoliation to once a week ( 3 times a week for oily skin types)
- use exfoliants at night to avoid leaving the skin exposed to the elements during he day
5. Masks work best on freshly exfoliated skin. Used weekly, masks can:
- tighten and tone the skin
- draw impurities out of the pores
- clear up blemishes
- calm and soothe
- rejuvenate the skin
6. Serums are thinner liquids and eye creams are usually thicker to protect thin, delicate skin. Serums and eye creams are applied under moisturizers.
7. Moisturizers seal and protect the surface of the skin. Even oily skin needs hydration or it will have to overcompensate for dryness and produce more oil or become dehydrated.
8. Daily sunscreen is imperative for healthy skin. Sun exposure not only leads to skin cancer, but to
- capillary damage
- free radical damage
- collagen and elastin deterioration
Acne, a skin disorder of the sebaceous glands, is characterized by comedones and blemishes and is a hereditary trait which is also triggered by hormonal changes.
Acne ranges from mild breakouts to disfiguring cysts and scarring. Causes of acne include the following:
- clogged pores – a plug of mixed dead skin cells and sebum in the follicle.
- bacteria – when follicles are blocked with sebum and dead skin cell build-up, oxygen cannot reach the bottom of the follicle, resulting in bacteria growth.
- cosmetics and products – moisturizers and sunscreens should be water based.
Acne is broken down into four grades. The number of lesions, comedones, papules, pustules or cysts present determines the severity of the acne.
- Grade I – Minor breakouts, mostly open comedones, some closed comedones and a few papules and pustules.
- Grade II – Many closed comedones, more open comedones and more papules and pustules.
- Grade III – Red and inflamed, many papules and pustules.
- Grade IV – Cystic acne. Cysts with comedones, papules, pustules and inflammation are present.
Hormonal changes, stress and certain foods may aggravate acne.
- Hormones – during puberty, androgens stimulate sebaceous glands and testosterone causes an increase in oil production. Adult acne is more common in females. Hormonal fluctuations from birth control pills, premenstrual changes, pregnancy and menopause can lead to acne inflammation in women.
- Stress – stress causes hormonal fluctuations and increased sebum production.
- Foods – eating fresh vegetables and fruits and increasing water intake seem to help those with acne experience fewer breakouts.
- Irritations – pressure or friction from rubbing or touching the face, phone use, or wearing hats can contribute to acne breakouts. Dirty pillow or makeup brushes can also transfer bacteria to the face. Keeping hands and items that touch the face clean can help keep the skin from breaking out more.
In the field of skin care, we define the process of removing excess accumulations of dead cells from the outer layers of the skin as superficial peeling. Peels are used to control skin conditions such as acne, hyperpigmentation, clogged pores, eczema and dry skin.
After treatment, skin looks and feels smoother and softer. Peels dramatically enhance the skin’s health and appearance. After having a peel, you should not necessarily expect to “peel.” However, you might have light flaking in a few localized areas for a couple of days. Most clients who undergo these treatments have only residual redness for anywhere from one to twelve hours.
What Is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is the controlled scraping of the skin using a sterile, stainless steel blade for the removal of dead skin cells as well as all of the “fuzz” (fine facial hair).
It immediately rejuvenates the skin and is highly effective in minimizing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and acne scars, while leaving skin smooth, supple and vibrant.
It also increases penetration of active ingredients in professional treatments and home care products.
Dermaplaning is an ideal treatment for women with fine (otherwise known as vellus) hair all over their faces.
The growth of this type of hair, which can appear like a light fuzz on the face, can make the application of make-up difficult and occurs for many women as they undergo menopause and experience hormonal changes. Removing this hair with laser treatments is not a viable option for many since the hair can be white or blonde and the light then cannot capture it for effective hair removal.
Invisible Expression Microcurrent Treatment is an excellent treatment that targets expression aging around the eyes and forehead. Intense hydration provides refreshed and supple skin. Microcurrent technology dramatically reduces fine lines.
Enjoy a healthier, more youthful appearance with the ultimate in skin care technology: microcurrent. Microcurent is a low level of electricity that mirror the body’s own natural impulses. When used in conjunction with specialized products and manual manipulations, these tiny microcurrent impulses encourage your body’s currents. The signs of aging are greatly reduced, while skin tone and elasticity are dramatically improved. These relaxing applications may be enjoyed as a one time comprehensive facial, or in a series of applications to reach your optimal goals, as well as enjoy enhanced longevity of results. Microcurrent is the ultimate in non-invasive face lifts!
The Most Important Eye Tip Of All…….
Use sunscreen. Most women do not take the time to really apply it carefully in the dark area, and it is amazing how much that can really help with dark under eyes. Protect your eye area like you do your face, with SPF every day and you will see fewer fine lines, wrinkles and dark circles over time.
Microcurrent, or wave therapy, devices mimic the way the brain relays messages to the muscles. Considered a passive form of exercise, this therapeutic technique helps stimulate motor nerves to the point where a visible contraction of the muscles can be seen.
As we age, muscles may not completely contract after use, such as in the case of sagging jowls (jaw muscles). The same effect can be seen on the rest of the body as well. That is why exercise and stretching are so important as one ages.
Microcurrent treatments are designed to work in harmony with the natural bioelectric currents found in the body. Placing two probes on muscle groups begins the process. A specific movement technique is followed. A gel is placed on the skin prior to beginning the treatment. Current is regulated according to the skin’s resistance. The results may be a more firm appearance and healthier skin.
The Science of Skin Rejuvenation is Evolving.
What is MicroExfoliation?
MicroExfoliation is a technique for removing the topmost layer of the skin leaving it supple and vibrant. The skin is gently exfoliated while at the same time the dead skin cells are vacuumed away in a sterile and controlled manner.
The Advantages of MicroExfoliation
Your skin will have a radiant glow, free of irritation. Clients experience softer, smoother and cleaner skin after the first treatment. Treatment series vary from four to ten sessions depending on the condition being treated and the type of skin.
- sun damaged skin – face, neck ,shoulders
- age spots – hands, face
- reduction of minor to moderate early aging fine lines – eyes, forehead
- extraction of blackheads and whiteheads
- rejuvenation of skin health
How Will I Look After The Treatment?
Your skin may look slightly flushed immediately after the treatment but should return to normal in 10 – 30 minutes. Your skin will look and feel smoother even after the first treatment and will continue to improve with additional treatments.
Allure Aesthetics specializes in microexfoliation treatments.