Keratosis Pilaris, also known as chicken skin bumps, is a common condition in which a protein in the skin called keratin forms hard plugs within hair follicles.
Symptoms include :
- small white or red bumps typically on the upper arms or thighs
- dry, rough and sometimes itchy skin in the areas with bumps
- worsening in the winter when humidity is low and skin tends to be drier
Best Treatments Include:
Cleanse – use a mild cleansing lotion to provide moisture and prevent dry, red irritations
Exfoliate – professional micro exfoliation treatments gently removes the outer layer of dead skin cells leaving a smoother texture
Moisturize – use moisturizer frequently and avoid any products that might dry the skin.
If you are not taking care of your hands, they may be giving away your age. Hands are not only susceptible to the first signs of aging, but very often age even faster than the face. There is very little fat on the back of the hands, so when even a small amount of collagen and elastin fibers begin to break down – which is part of the normal aging process and partly from sun exposure – it’s going to have a noticeable impact on your hands.
1. The daily use of a simple moisturizer will improve the appearance of your hands. While moisturizer will not reverse sun damage or create new collagen, it can leave the skin looking plumper and more youthful. Since all moisturizers work more effectively when applied to skin that is slightly damp, use them after a shower or bath or after washing your hands.
2. Doctors agree one key to keeping young hands looking young is to avoid direct sunlight. The next best thing is to coat your hands with sunscreen several times a day.
3. MicroExfoliation treatments rejuvenate the skin on your hands. This is an effective technique for removing the top layer of the skin, leaving it supple and vibrant. The skin is gently exfoliated while at the same time the dead skin cells are vacuumed away. Not only does the procedure trigger collagen production, it also allows moisturizers to be more effective.
4. MicroCurrent treatments aid in reducing the signs of aging skin. Small electrical impulses trigger a chemical reaction that encourages the body to produce more collagen and elastin. A Platinum Touch Hand Renewal Treatment will give your hands a healthy more youthful appearance.
The Science of Skin Rejuvenation is Evolving.
What is MicroExfoliation?
MicroExfoliation is a technique for removing the topmost layer of the skin leaving it supple and vibrant. The skin is gently exfoliated while at the same time the dead skin cells are vacuumed away in a sterile and controlled manner.
The Advantages of MicroExfoliation
Your skin will have a radiant glow, free of irritation. Clients experience softer, smoother and cleaner skin after the first treatment. Treatment series vary from four to ten sessions depending on the condition being treated and the type of skin.
- sun damaged skin – face, neck ,shoulders
- age spots – hands, face
- reduction of minor to moderate early aging fine lines – eyes, forehead
- extraction of blackheads and whiteheads
- rejuvenation of skin health
How Will I Look After The Treatment?
Your skin may look slightly flushed immediately after the treatment but should return to normal in 10 – 30 minutes. Your skin will look and feel smoother even after the first treatment and will continue to improve with additional treatments.
Allure Aesthetics specializes in microexfoliation treatments.