Here are three skin care habits that should be continued all year long.
Daily sunscreen is imperative for healthy skin. Sun exposure not only leads to skin cancer, but to aging, hyperpigmentation, capillary damage, free radical damage and collagen and elastin deterioration. Daily sunscreen can be in moisturizer form and comes in all weights and formulas. Allure Aesthetics Advanced Protection SPF 30 is designed to lighty hydrate your delicate skin with natural ingredients. It is developed for the face and the body.
Exfoliating is an important step to a smoother skin texture. Removing dead skin from the surface of the skin will allow other products to absorb quickly. The removal of dry, dead, surface cells can help the skin in the following ways:
- It makes the skin smoother.
- It facilitates the extraction of matter that clogs pores.
- A faster cell turnover rate brings cells to the surface more rapidly.
- It improves the skin’s ability to retain moisture.
- It helps product penetration which makes the ingredients in your skin care products more effective.
Allure Aesthetics Papaya Creme Enzyme Polish gently cleanses and exfoliates in order to prevent pores from becoming clogged. It contains a high-powered antioxidant fruit blend and anti-aging peptides that provides new ways to quench the skin’s need for free radical fighting power.
Moisturizers seal and protect the surface of the skin. Even oily skin needs hydration or it will overcompensate for dryness and produce more oil or become dehydrated. Allure Aesthetics Herbal Silk Moisturizer is a silky moisturizer that leaves a light protective moisture barrier that helps smooth skin texture.
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that generally affects the facial skin and also the eyes in some instances. The condition is characterized by redness of the skin, acne-like appearance on and around the nose and cheeks, dilated blood vessels, and also thickening of the skin when it advances to the second stage. Rosacea typically affects the face. It is very rarely seen on other parts of the body.
What Are The Reasons For Rosacea?
Despite extensive research, the precise reasons that trigger rosacea are not known. Scientific studies have revealed various theories about this skin condition over the years. There are several triggers that cause the symptoms to flare up and increase the redness of the face.
Increased dilation of facial blood vessels and the resultant increase in blood near the skin surface is the reason why the skin appears red and flushed. An assortment of lifestyle factors and…
View original post 178 more words
A woman of today knows that taking care of your skin is vital. We cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize and get the oh-so-important facial. But there are a few things that could be wrecking havoc on your skin and you may not even realize it.
#1) Sleeping with your make-up on
Yours truly used to be a big offender of this. If you’ve ever forgotten after a long day you probably know the results the next morning. Falling asleep with your make-up can clog your pores, and can lead to bacterial infections and acne. If you really can’t seem to remember, try and keep your make-up remover wipes by your bed.
#2) Squinting your eyes
If you constantly forget your sunglasses, think your contact/glasses prescription needs to be updated, then now’s the time! Eye protection and the proper lens can help prevent fine lines, wrinkles and sun damage. Are you calling your…
View original post 371 more words
If you have ever thought about receiving laser hair removal treatments, now is the time. Here are specific tips to prepare for laser hair removal.
1. It is necessary for you to have one or two days hair growth so that the areas that require treatment are easily recognizable. If not, it may be difficult to pinpoint all areas needing treatment. Your technician will need to shave the hair to skin level with a razor as necessary.
2. For hair removal on the face, please do not use (or make sure you wash off all) makeup prior to treatment.
3. If you are currently on the medication Accutane , Gold Therapy, any drug that causes a reaction to sunlight or have been in the past 6 months, please let us know. This medication can make your skin susceptible to damage from the laser.
4. Generally, it is best to wait 4 to 6 weeks between treatments. There is no advantage to scheduling your visits closer together even if you do not see immediate results. The laser only targets hair in the growth phase. The next growth phase will be in 4 to 6 weeks.
Everyone knows sunscreen is important but there are still five places lots of people miss! Next time you’re lathering up, avoid an awkward burn by remembering these five spots:
- Scalp – Sunscreen in your hair can be a nightmare, but it’s better than a burnt, itchy scalp. Try a gel or spray sunscreen instead of lotion.
- Ears – When we apply sunscreen to our face we usually just cover the center. Don’t forget to lotion your lobes.
- Hands – Yes, the things you use to apply the sunscreen are often forgotten! Remember to cover the top of your hands!
- Feet – Besides the fact that a flip-flop tan can look weird, a burnt foot can hurt! Apply sunscreen to the toes and top of your feet.
- Behind Your Knees – A burn behind the knee can make it uncomfortable to walk. Give this spot the attention it deserves.
Microcurrent aids in reducing the signs of aging with specialized products and micro current technology.
Enjoy a healthier, more youthful appearance with the ultimate in skin care technology: micro current. Microcurrent ia a low level of electricity that mirrors the body’s own natural electrical impulses. When used in conjunction with specialized products and manual manipulations, these tiny micro current impulses encourage your body’s currents. The signs of aging are greatly reduced, while skin tone and elasticity are dramatically improved. These relaxing applications may be enjoyed as a one time, comprehensive facial, or in a series of applications to reach your optimal goals, as well as enjoy enhanced longevity of results.
- Diminished appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Smoother, firmer skin
- Improved circulation
- Hydrated and revitalized skin
- Improved elasticity
- Improved facial contour
Microcurrent aids in reducing the signs of aging with specialized products and micro current technology. During your consultation, your skin therapist will develop a program based on your age, skin type, and realistic expectations. Your skin therapist will also prescribe a home care program to further enhance and maintain your results. Together, this system of products and technology firms and smoothes the skin, offering an outstanding and relaxing age defying facial.
Age Defying Facial….
The ultimate in non-invasive face lifts! This extraordinary facial reduces the signs of aging utilizing specialized products and micro current technology. The Age Defying Facial is preventative for younger clients and rejuvenating for mature clients. This popular non-invasive service gives you the freedom to attain anti-aging goals without the recovery, downtime, and expense of surgeries and other aggressive services. Skin is re-hydrated, circulation is improved and a firmer, revitalized appearance is achieved after the first application.