The Micro Needling device is an instrument consisting of a heavy duty roller head covered in 192 high quality titanium acupuncture needles. The needles are designed to:
- Penetrate the outer layer of the skin.
- Hundreds of tiny channels are created through the skin, which facilitate the passage and absorption of your skin care product to maximize its absorption.
- It gently exfoliates excess skin cells which contribute to hair follicle malnutrition scaring or premature aging, wrinkles and scars.
- The roller stimulates blood flow to the surface, gives a skin massage, cleans out the pores and stimulates collagen re-growth.
- Additional age fighting skin benefits can be achieved when skin needling is combined with products that contain collagen boosting and skin fortifying ingredients like Retinol, Vitamin C and Peptides.
The best candidates for micro needling are people from the age of 25 to 65. Ideally people in their 30’s who are starting to develop the early signs of aging. Micro needling will plump up fine lines and boost collagen production on any area that is needled. Micro needling can also effectively treat skin that has been scarred from acne.
Skin needling is an innovative concept that remained elusive until late 1990s. In fact, the new technology opened doors for healing skin damages naturally. The fact that skin needling or collagen induction therapy can be done on all skin types, without any side effects, makes it more popular among people of all ages.
You are eligible for Dermal Rolling if the following applies to you:
- – Lack of skin radiance
- – Loss of elasticity and epidermal thickness
- – Rough and uneven skin texture
- – Fine lines
- – Wrinkles
- – Crow’s feet
- – Hyperpigmentation
- – Scars, especially indented acne or chicken pox
- – Post surgical Scars
- – Skin Dullness
- – Dry Skin
- – Pre cosmetic Surgery
- – Pre injection
- – Open pores
- – You suffer with active pustular acne
- – Active bacterial, viral or fungal infections
- – Eczema and psoriasis
- – Rosacea
- – Keloid or raised scars
- – Scars less than 6 months old
- – Raised moles or warts
- – Facial surgery in the past 6 months
- – Patients taking blood pressure, blood thinning or heart medications
- – Diabetes
What happens post-treatment?
After the procedure the clients skin will be red and flushed in appearance in a similar way to moderate sunburn. The client will also experience skin tightness and mild sensitivity to touch on the area being treated. This will diminish greatly after a few hours following treatments and within the next 24 hours the skin will be completely healed. After 3 days there is barely any evidence that the procedure has taken place.
How quickly are results visible?
Visible results of skin rejuvenation are seen after just 6-8 weeks following procedure and continue over the following months for up to a year. A course of three skin needling sessions, at 6-8 week intervals, is usually recommended to achieve optimum results; however great skin improvement is noticeable after just one treatment.
Is skin needling safe?
Skin needling does not involve injections and therefore allergic reactions and side-effects are unlikely. It is minimally invasive, involves minimal downtime (max. 24hrs), rapid healing and requires simple after-care. Clinical skin needling is minimally invasive and normally no blood is drawn, however small amounts of pin point bleeding in clients with thin skin may occur and should be considered as normal.