Everyone knows sunscreen is important but there are still five places lots of people miss! Next time you’re lathering up, avoid an awkward burn by remembering these five spots:
- Scalp – Sunscreen in your hair can be a nightmare, but it’s better than a burnt, itchy scalp. Try a gel or spray sunscreen instead of lotion.
- Ears – When we apply sunscreen to our face we usually just cover the center. Don’t forget to lotion your lobes.
- Hands – Yes, the things you use to apply the sunscreen are often forgotten! Remember to cover the top of your hands!
- Feet – Besides the fact that a flip-flop tan can look weird, a burnt foot can hurt! Apply sunscreen to the toes and top of your feet.
- Behind Your Knees – A burn behind the knee can make it uncomfortable to walk. Give this spot the attention it deserves.
Microcurrent aids in reducing the signs of aging with specialized products and micro current technology.
via ….More Than A Facial, AGE DEFYING Solutions.
Enjoy a healthier, more youthful appearance with the ultimate in skin care technology: micro current. Microcurrent ia a low level of electricity that mirrors the body’s own natural electrical impulses. When used in conjunction with specialized products and manual manipulations, these tiny micro current impulses encourage your body’s currents. The signs of aging are greatly reduced, while skin tone and elasticity are dramatically improved. These relaxing applications may be enjoyed as a one time, comprehensive facial, or in a series of applications to reach your optimal goals, as well as enjoy enhanced longevity of results.
- Diminished appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Smoother, firmer skin
- Improved circulation
- Hydrated and revitalized skin
- Improved elasticity
- Improved facial contour
Microcurrent aids in reducing the signs of aging with specialized products and micro current technology. During your consultation, your skin therapist will develop a program based on your age, skin type, and realistic expectations. Your skin therapist will also prescribe a home care program to further enhance and maintain your results. Together, this system of products and technology firms and smoothes the skin, offering an outstanding and relaxing age defying facial.
Age Defying Facial….
The ultimate in non-invasive face lifts! This extraordinary facial reduces the signs of aging utilizing specialized products and micro current technology. The Age Defying Facial is preventative for younger clients and rejuvenating for mature clients. This popular non-invasive service gives you the freedom to attain anti-aging goals without the recovery, downtime, and expense of surgeries and other aggressive services. Skin is re-hydrated, circulation is improved and a firmer, revitalized appearance is achieved after the first application.
The Micro Needling device is an instrument consisting of a heavy duty roller head covered in 192 high quality titanium acupuncture needles. The needles are designed to:
- Penetrate the outer layer of the skin.
- Hundreds of tiny channels are created through the skin, which facilitate the passage and absorption of your skin care product to maximize its absorption.
- It gently exfoliates excess skin cells which contribute to hair follicle malnutrition scaring or premature aging, wrinkles and scars.
- The roller stimulates blood flow to the surface, gives a skin massage, cleans out the pores and stimulates collagen re-growth.
- Additional age fighting skin benefits can be achieved when skin needling is combined with products that contain collagen boosting and skin fortifying ingredients like Retinol, Vitamin C and Peptides.
The best candidates for micro needling are people from the age of 25 to 65. Ideally people in their 30’s who are starting to develop the early signs of aging. Micro needling will plump up fine lines and boost collagen production on any area that is needled. Micro needling can also effectively treat skin that has been scarred from acne.
Skin needling is an innovative concept that remained elusive until late 1990s. In fact, the new technology opened doors for healing skin damages naturally. The fact that skin needling or collagen induction therapy can be done on all skin types, without any side effects, makes it more popular among people of all ages.
You are eligible for Dermal Rolling if the following applies to you:
- – Lack of skin radiance
- – Loss of elasticity and epidermal thickness
- – Rough and uneven skin texture
- – Fine lines
- – Wrinkles
- – Crow’s feet
- – Hyperpigmentation
- – Scars, especially indented acne or chicken pox
- – Post surgical Scars
- – Skin Dullness
- – Dry Skin
- – Pre cosmetic Surgery
- – Pre injection
- – Open pores
You are not eligible for Dermal Rolling if the following applies to you:
- – You suffer with active pustular acne
- – Active bacterial, viral or fungal infections
- – Eczema and psoriasis
- – Rosacea
- – Keloid or raised scars
- – Scars less than 6 months old
- – Raised moles or warts
- – Facial surgery in the past 6 months
- – Patients taking blood pressure, blood thinning or heart medications
- – Diabetes
What happens post-treatment?
After the procedure the clients skin will be red and flushed in appearance in a similar way to moderate sunburn. The client will also experience skin tightness and mild sensitivity to touch on the area being treated. This will diminish greatly after a few hours following treatments and within the next 24 hours the skin will be completely healed. After 3 days there is barely any evidence that the procedure has taken place.
How quickly are results visible?
Visible results of skin rejuvenation are seen after just 6-8 weeks following procedure and continue over the following months for up to a year. A course of three skin needling sessions, at 6-8 week intervals, is usually recommended to achieve optimum results; however great skin improvement is noticeable after just one treatment.
Is skin needling safe?
Skin needling does not involve injections and therefore allergic reactions and side-effects are unlikely. It is minimally invasive, involves minimal downtime (max. 24hrs), rapid healing and requires simple after-care. Clinical skin needling is minimally invasive and normally no blood is drawn, however small amounts of pin point bleeding in clients with thin skin may occur and should be considered as normal.